The Charge Up New Jersey program to incentivize electric vehicles has paused as of April 17th, 2023. Dealerships and showrooms had until 9:00pm EST on Monday, May 1st, 2023 to enter all eligible orders from July 25th, 2022 to April 17th, 2023.
Currently, no additional funds are anticipated for FY 23. However, we will keep you updated on information regarding FY 24 funding for Charge Up New Jersey as directed by the NJ Board of Public Utilities.
The Charge Up Residential Charger Rebate remains active and is not impacted by the pause in the EV incentive program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CSE at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-426-2474.
If you’re ready to find your vehicle, use the search below.
Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
Ineligible vehicles under the Charge Up New Jersey program include:
- Aftermarket plug-in hybrid electric vehicles
- Electric vehicle conversions
- Electric scooters
- Electric all-terrain vehicles
- Neighborhood, or low speed, electric vehicles
- Electric motorcycles
- Pre-owned plug-in electric vehicles
- Any PHEV purchased, ordered or leased on or after January 1, 2023.