Charge Up New Jersey promotes clean vehicle adoption in the state by offering incentives of up to $4,000 for the purchase or lease of new, eligible zero-emission vehicles, including battery electric and plug-in hybrid electric. By shifting away from gasoline and diesel use, it creates many environmental and economic benefits, including less air pollution and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
How Much Can I Save?
Residents can take advantage of the Charge Up New Jersey incentive directly at the car dealership or showroom and apply the incentive instantly to their purchase or lease at the point-of-sale.
With the purchase or lease of a new eligible electric vehicle, you can receive $25 in incentives per mile of EPA-rated all-electric range, up to $4,000.
*The total incentive amount for an eligible vehicle is $25 per mile of EPA-rated all-electric range, as determined by fueleconomy.gov up to $4,000 for vehicles with a MSRP under $45,000, or up to $2,000 for vehicles with a MSRP between $45,000 and $55,000. Vehicles with an electric range of over 200 miles are eligible for an incentive of up to $4,000, depending on vehicle MSRP. See the program Terms and Conditions for more information on incentive amounts.
How to Claim Your Incentive
Claiming your incentive is easy! All you need to do is:
Select an eligible vehicle.
Find an eligible dealer.
Apply for the incentive at the point-of-sale with your dealer.
Your dealer will submit the application on your behalf and the incentive will instantly be applied to the cost of your new vehicle.
To qualify for the Charge Up New Jersey incentive, your purchase or lease must meet the following requirements:
- The vehicle must be ordered, purchased or leased after 07/25/22, the launch of the point-of-sale program;
- The vehicle must be registered in your name in the State of New Jersey;
- Your name must be on the purchase or lease agreement;
- The purchase or lease agreement must be from a participating New Jersey dealership or showroom;
- You must provide proof of New Jersey residency by providing a state driver license.
- For active duty military members stationed in New Jersey, but with permanent residency in another state, military orders may be used as proof of residency.
Additionally, your vehicle must be:
- A new battery electric or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle;
- Have an MSRP1 of below $55,000.
1MSRP cap is in reference to the final MSRP of the vehicle. See the program Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the MSRP and how it is defined.