Qualifying for a Charge Up New Jersey incentive is easy!
- Be a resident of the State of New Jersey at the time of vehicle purchase or lease, which will be verified via a current New Jersey Driver’s License. Only a New Jersey Driver’s License is eligible for residency verification. Utility bills, tax documentation, and other items with the applicant’s address will not be accepted.
- Active duty military members stationed in New Jersey, with permanent residency in another state, will qualify. Current military orders will be accepted as proof of residency documentation.
- The Charge Up New Jersey Program is limited to individuals only. Businesses and other commercial entities, governments, and public entities are not eligible for this incentive.
- Remain a resident of the State of New Jersey for at least two (2) years after the purchase or lease of the eligible EV that receives an incentive under the Program.
- Agree that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of-Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a participating dealership or showroom.
- Vehicles ordered in advance of the Phase Two launch will not be eligible for an incentive.
- A vehicle ordered, purchased, or leased, and/or delivered out-of-state, is not eligible for the incentive, including vehicles ordered online and delivered outside of the State.
- Agree that a purchase or lease is deemed completed when the purchaser or lessee of the vehicle has executed and signed a purchase or lease contract or security agreement.
- Commit to not modifying the vehicle’s emissions control systems, hardware, software calibrations, or hybrid system.
- Retain ownership, or an active lease agreement, and registration of the vehicle with the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission for a minimum of 36 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date. Leased vehicles must reflect a minimum of 36 months on the original lease agreement.
- Acknowledge that applicants may receive only up to three (3) vehicle incentives from the Program throughout the 10-year period that the Program is active.
View the full Terms & Conditions