Qualifying for a Charge Up New Jersey incentive is easy!
- Be a resident of the State of New Jersey at the time of vehicle order, purchase or lease, which will be verified by the Dealership or Showroom via a current New Jersey Driver’s License. Only a New Jersey Driver’s License is eligible for residency verification. Utility bills, tax documentation, and other items with the applicant’s address will not be accepted.
- Active-duty military members stationed in New Jersey, with permanent residency in another state, will qualify as satisfying the New Jersey residency requirement. Current military orders will be accepted as proof of residency documentation.
- The FY22 Program is limited to individuals only. Businesses and other commercial entities, governments, and public entities are not eligible for this incentive.
- Remain a resident of the State of New Jersey for at least two (2) years after the Vehicle Transaction Date for the eligible EV that receives an incentive under the FY22 Program.
- Agree that the entirety of the vehicle transaction, including any placing of an order, for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of the FY22 Program on July 6, 2021 and in the State of New Jersey at a participating Dealership or Showroom.
- Vehicles ordered in advance of July 6, 2021, the FY22 Program launch, will not be eligible for an incentive.
- A vehicle ordered, purchased, or leased, and/or delivered out-of-state, is not eligible for the incentive. This includes vehicles ordered online and delivered outside of the State.
- Agree that a purchase or lease is deemed completed when the purchaser or lessee of the vehicle has executed and signed a purchase or lease contract or security agreement.
- Commit to not modifying the vehicle’s emissions control systems, hardware, software calibrations, or hybrid system.
- Retain ownership, or an active lease agreement, and registration of the vehicle with the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission for a minimum of 36 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date. Leased vehicles must reflect a minimum of 36 months on the original lease agreement.
- Acknowledge that they may receive only up to three (3) electric vehicle incentives from the Program throughout the 10-year period that the Program is active.
- In the event that a Dealership or Showroom issues a fourth incentive before the processing of an applicant’s third incentive is complete, the Program Administrator will alert the Dealership or Showroom which issued the fourth incentive and indicate that they will need to take action to have the funds returned to them by the customer. The customer will be in violation of the Charge Up New Jersey Terms and Conditions. The Dealership or Showroom shall be responsible for pursuing its remedies.
View the full Terms & Conditions